Saturday 5 January 2013

A SACRED HEART (In memory of Scelo)

I know a heart that is sacred
It leaps on the other side untainted
Even in bleak cumulus times it heals
Looking out, with insightful eyes, that feels
With an old constant forever heat it burns
Relative, always to ubiquitous winds that ferns
It awakens my soul when the hour of need arise
My love knowing, its certainty to no surprise
When I speak of days gone by
My friend’s tears in my own pass by
Touching the souls that shake in life
As tenderly as the trees that stand with leaf
A giant in faces that glance up at its beat
Vivaciously vociferous in vexed reheat
Sprinkling a peaceful repose to unease
Leaping side by side to my own
A soul mate; my heart will not loan
In our ascent and descent of landscape
Laughter en route to a heavenly escape
It leaps on the unknown side untainted
A spiritual touch that is, in my bones painted
In journeys we took, my memories are always keen
A gentle giant, gaiety like ganja to kith and kin
Our companionship glorified in eternal bonfire
Eve’s heart mourning the rib that gave measure
Mother, nephews, uncles, sisters, children, wife
SALUTE, SALUTE, SALUTE!!
I shall celebrate you, always
I know a heart that is sacred
A worthy heart gone
To the unknown

By Linda Sakazi Thwala

No comments:

Post a Comment