Saturday 5 January 2013

I TREAD WITH A BROKEN HEART OF KIN

I tread with a broken heart of kin
My broiling blood at times not keen
Knowing not the ways of courtmanship
In the world that bestows showmanship
Seeking in the lost dreary eyes of femininity
In the miasma of my own forlorn masculinity
Imbibing the words of discreet diarized wisdom
When my voice of reason is deaden in my kingdom
The veins of forefathers reduced by ignoble manhood
My tears erased by the wounded hearts of womanhood

I tread with a broken heart of kin
When none cannot my ailments pin
In the abusive hands of a pompous fool
Deceiving society in a garment of wool
Pronouncing a proud potency to popularize
When his means motion that which demoralize
A nonentity to the seed that seek male assistance
As loud as nocturnal nine-millimetre bullets in a distance
Women crying falsification to the sexual woes that surge
Whose nameless infants’ dreams all but shade in life’s edge

I tread with a broken heart of kin
In a place where my heart cannot sin
The tormenting courage in my lineage dim
My visions restricted in an unprofitable rim
Like the aloof beggars who belong in the ghetto
Burglarising the warm souls that take chances on lotto
Envies to the children whose cradled by a content father
When I cannot mend the wounds that moved thee farther
A nonentity to the seed that seeks male assistance, shameless
Walk with a broken heart knowing the pain of being fatherless

By Linda Sakazi Thwala

No comments:

Post a Comment