Saturday 5 January 2013

IN THE LIFE OF A ROSE

Scarlet in the sun’s rise
You are my dear love
With no visible fear
A rose amongst thorns
I have looked on
Amid days of germinating
Whilst thee turn aglow
As sweet as air after cool
Cooling rains soothed
Abundant gardens, I have seen
However, none compares
Clipped some from their stems
Although as thorny as hell
But none with amiability that flows
Your riverine smile beloved
“Oh! How I have longed”
Elevating you from your stem
Cupped in my delicate hands
Blowzy beneath my lips
“Oh! Your smooth petal
Your somnolent eyes
Your rosy smell
Your enticing hair
Your soft brittle skin
Never-mind amity
‘Tis denial of what burns
Beautiful rosebud
I want to know you
Not afterlife when thee
Is nothing but, soil and fossil
But now, this minute!
In this life of a rose

By Linda Sakazi Thwala 

No comments:

Post a Comment